Join our Team
Are you ready for the next chapter in your career?
Come join the LIBA team and build a career based on your personal goals. Public accounting has the reputation of being a grind, and with good reason. LIBA was created to break that stigma. Our overarching objective is to provide a “life in balance” for ourselves and our clients (after all, it is in the name!). We want our people to enjoy what they do, to have manageable workloads and to never feel like they must prioritize work over all other areas of their lives.
The world of accounting is exciting, complex, and continually changing!
There is always a new area to explore, a question from a client you haven’t been asked before, or an upcoming tax law change to read up on. If you get excited when that bank account is finally reconciled, that last tax return is filed ahead of the deadline, or the final item is checked off of your post-it to-do list, this is the firm for you!
LIBA benefits include:
- Remote and hybrid work availability
- Flexible hours built around your schedule
- SIMPLE IRA plan with matching
- The ability to work with small business owners and individuals who see you as a trusted advisor
- Reimbursement of CPA exam/license fees (& CPE program fees once you’re licensed)
- Team celebrations (busy season happy hour anyone?)
- Need insurance? Talk to us about the available options!
LIBA is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
LIBA Career Openings
If you’re interested in applying to the Tax Professional position, we welcome your submission here.
We will review your information and respond with next steps as soon as possible.
LIBA is looking for a tax professional who wants to take charge of their career while assisting individuals, fiduciaries and small businesses with their accounting and tax needs. We are looking for candidates that have either a bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, or at least five years of experience in the tax or accounting field. Prior experience preparing and/or reviewing tax returns is a plus, but not a requirement. Prior experience working with QuickBooks Desktop and/or QuickBooks Online would be beneficial, but QuickBooks training will be provided if needed. As a LIBA tax professional, you’ll have the ability to grow your career to the extent you please, with options to pursue (or maintain) your CPA license, grow your practice within a specialty area, and network within the local tax community.
- Actively communicate with clients regarding routine questions, tax-return related correspondence and special projects
- Prepare estimated tax payments, extensions, and tax returns for individuals as well as multiple entity-types, including small businesses and trusts
- Depending on level of experience, review estimated tax payments, extensions, and tax returns for individuals as well as multiple entity-types, including small businesses and trusts
- Complete tax research as part of tax compliance and special projects
- Experience with Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and Adobe products
- Experience with workflow management, database, and tax software programs
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to apply prior experiences to new client projects and situations
- Excellent time-management skills, especially related to deadline-driven projects
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Effective communication with co-workers and clients
- Mindfulness of the sensitivity of confidential information
- Ability to keep pace with technology updates